Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Anniversary with my Hubby


Today is a day full of blog posts! I have to make up for the last couple of weeks of not blogging too much! :)

My husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary 2 weekends ago! I had such big plans for us! We usually end up having the kids or things going on (baseball tournaments are usually over the memorial day weekend) so we have never really gotten a chance to spend quality time together for our anniversary. Being that it was our 5th, I wanted to do something fun! I really wanted to go back up to the Red Moose Lodge where we got married and stayed the first night! However, when I asked if they had deals for customers who got married there...they said all they would do was give me 10% off. Um...nevermind! My brother in law does alot of the plans for the guy who owned the Red Moose Lodge so I asked him if we could get a deal that way...well that guy promised us his own condo up a the Moose Hollow Condos, I was excited! However...he stopped calling my brother in law back until the day before and then told him that he already rented the condo out for the month! RRRrrrr....

So what I decided to do was make our own hotel!


First things first...I got a really great idea from The Dating Divas (such a cute site to get some good date night ideas!!) of doing the reasons why I love you...so I decided to make 50 reasons why I love you and hide them around the house for him to find during the day (I had to work and he was going to be home until late morning at which time he was going to be in a golf tournament) so I hid the more embarassing ones at home and the lesser embarassing ones in his golf stuff! I started with a note telling him about the 50 reasons and to make sure he found it, I taped it to the lid of the toilet (hey, I knew that was the first place he would go!) He really liked the idea and had a fun time finding and reading them!


Then, when I got home from work, while he was still golfing, I painstakingly moved our matress out of our bedroom and into the living room. I cute out red and orange paper to make a "fire", a made chocolate covered strawberries and bought a bottle of champagne, I set them out with our wine glasses that my mom gave to us when we were married. It was all set up like a hotel and I topped the bed with a certificate made out to my husband for the best husband!


Before he could see it, we went and ate at the little diner that we ate the night of our wedding (we got hungry after everyone left) It was nice to go back there, an out of the way restaurant that is not one of our normal places! It was nice!

When we went back home, I ran inside to pull out the strawberries and champagne and when he came inside, I think he really appreciated all of the work I went to! He had a big grin on his face! We had a great night, eating strawberries, drinking some nasty champagne (how the crap do you know which cheap champagne will be good...maybe that whole sentence just should not go together...good...cheap...???) and playing games! Then we spent the rest of the next day doing pretty much the same! I made breakfast, we hung out and spent some really good quality time together!

It was a great anniversary and putting it all together really made me remember, even with our little arguments, or when life gets in the way...I love him so much and I am so lucky to have found him and have him in my life!!

Love you Jason!

post signature

1 comment:

MammaDucky said...

That is super cute! Our 8th anniversery will be coming up in August and I may steal some of your ideas!!