Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Magnet Boards

My daughter's end of year dance review took place this past weekend! I wanted to make something cute for all of the girls and the teachers and found a great magnet board idea on Cute As a Fox Creations.

I started by getting some supplies:


* Metal Signs from Dollar Tree


* Ribbon from the Dollar Tree


* Magnets from the Dollar Tree


* Scrap book paper from my home supply


* Flowers for the magnets from my home supply


I was making 17 of these and I ended up spending only $24 and some change! Not too bad!!


I started by modge podging my scrap book papers to the metal signs and then cutting the corners to be rounded. Then I added some ribbon across the top and some ribbon to the back to hang up the boards. (I got the colors of the girl's bedrooms from their parents, so they would match!)I took all of my magnets and hot glued some daisies onto them (minus the plastic middle parts) and glued on some rhinestones instead!Don't the magnets look so cute on them?After that I used my trusty Cricut and cut out their names - and modge podged the names onto the boards. Printed out a cute little thank you note from Kaitlyn and held them on by their magnets! All of the girl's, their moms and teachers loved these! I was pretty happy with how they turned out!




post signature




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heavens, you put mine to shame. Too adorable! I can't believe you made 17! I bet they loved them. Thanks for showing me. Those magnets are fabulous too.
Thanks for linking up to me!

Ashley

Kristi Flanagan said...

What a great idea!!!! This just gave me an idea for my daughter's birthday - I'm sure the girls at the party would love these as gifts and very inexpensive too!

Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Jane said...

I love these. I don't live near a dollar tree. Last time I was visiting a friend I stopped at one on the way home. Oh the craft stuff! I didn't see metal signs tho. Gotta keep my eye out for those.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty! I love the papers you used and the flowers make great magnets!

Kristi said...

Super cute. I think that a trip to the Dollar Tree is in my future.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These are adorable! What a fantastic gift! The personalized names are super cute! I bet the girls were thrilled. Stopping by from Just a Girl. Hope you are having a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Melinda said...

Hi--
Popped over from Just a Girl.
Cute idea!
Where in the Dollar Tree are these metal boards?


Melinda