Monday, October 4, 2010

Countdown 2 Candy

I have seen these advent calendars marking the days left until Halloween a lot lately! And I wanted one! I made mine a little differently than what I have seen. I wanted mine hanging, so I used a 2x4, roughed up the edges to look a little like a piece of old wood, painted it black, added some spooky paper, the wording and some ribbon, and used some smaller pieces fashioned the same way for my numbers! I have the rest of the numbers set in a bowl in front of my sign, so it is easy for the kids to change them out each day! So much fun!! Love this idea! Thanks to all of those crafty people out there that inspire me every day!!

post signature

4 comments:

Nicole said...

love this!! Especially like the spider web ribbon!

Ashlee Marie said...

cute countdown! Very very fun. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

AllieMakes! said...

That's REALLY sweet!
You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie party.
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Katie said...

Super cute countdown that doesn't involve candy:) Great design and idea. I have a PB countdown for Halloween but this could be easily modified for other holidays, like Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!