Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Day Cookies

For Valentine's Day, I decided to make some sugar cookies and some royal icing and let the kids go to town! They had a blast! The girls cut out the heart shapes, baked them and decorated most of them all by themselves! I put some pink, purple and white royal icing in some decorating bags and they LOVED that!
Here is Kaitlyn holding up one of her creations!

And Kaitlyn's plate of decorated cookies! She did pretty good writing with the bags of icing! I love the "call me" one!

And here is Kylee decorating her batch of cookies! These girls amazed me with their steady hands!

Even Bowe came up and got in on the action! He was holding the bag up so high and just letting the icing drizzle onto the cookies! It was pretty funny to watch!

Here are some of his creations. A steady hand is NOT one of his greatest qualities! :) And I obviously had something on my camera lens! It looks a little blurry on the bottom!

I coulnd't let the kids have all the fun! I made a couple of cookies for Bowe's little girlfriend, Shay. They sit and text ALL DAY - EVERY DAY! So I had to convert the "call me" to a "text me"! And then we put one of Bowe's on the plate as well - do not even think that V'Day one was mine! Ha ha!

The rest of the ones I decorated...

And of course, I had to make one for my lover! :)

Happy Valentine's Day Sweetie! Love ya!!

1 comment:

Meeko Fabulous said...

Too cute! I was told I'm not allowed to bake ever again . . . LoL! Turns out I'm not a baker . . . but I AM a cook. :)